Do you experience muscle cramping, spasms or twitches? Do you have an inability to fall asleep or stay asleep?
You could be deficient in magnesium.
- Magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in your body
- It activates over 300 enzymes involved in many biological processes
- Estimated that over 75% of the population is deficient in magnesium
Magnesium is a mineral that works with insulin receptors to store blood sugar. Studies have found that low blood magnesium is linked to insulin resistance. Taking magnesium may help increase insulin sensitivity.
How does Magnesium help with weight loss?
Sleep - Magnesium is the most powerful relaxation mineral available. It actually helps your body relax your muscles, enabling you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. And when we don’t get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night, we are more at risk for being overweight. Lack of sleep negatively affects the adrenal glands and increases the likelihood that you will struggle with sugar cravings. People suffering from sleep issues are 15 times more likely to be at least 30 lbs. overweight!
Muscle cramping and spasms - Magnesium helps with electrolyte imbalances and nerve conduction which helps muscles relax and move out of spasm. This role of magnesium can also help with menstrual cramping, twitches, headaches, and migraines.
Inflammation - Lowering your body’s inflammation can have a radical impact on your health status. Inflammation plays a role in many disease states including but not limited to diabetes, autoimmune disorders, and many more.
Reasons for Magnesium Deficiency:
- Consuming carbonated and/or caffeinated beverages
- Eating sweets, pastries or cakes regularly
- Having high stress levels
- Medications such as diuretics, heart medications, birth control pills, or an estrogen patch
- Drinking more than 7 alcoholic beverages per week
- Taking a calcium supplement without magnesium
If any of these apply to you, then you are at a higher risk for Magnesium Deficiency!
Transdermal Magnesium, placed on the skin, is the most effective way to take magnesium as it bypasses the Gastrointestinal System. By doing this topically, the magnesium is not destroyed by intestinal enzymes and is delivered through the skin directly to the cells. Easy, quick and effective. Use as directed on the bottle.